Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sharepoint and SSRS

Sometimes you just have to wonder why it is not easier. I mean what I want to do should not be difficult...I just want SSRS to be on WFE in my Farm. Should be easy right. It took me a while in QA to get it installed because it would not connect through Sharepoint. I struggled and struggled but it would not bring up the Server Defaults on the Central Admin. Finally this solved it... http://blogs.msdn.com/feldman/archive/2007/11/18/quick-guide-on-how-to-install-reporting-services-on-its-own-server-cluster-in-sharepoint-integration-mode-without-using-kerberos.aspx . Today we are moving SSRS for Sharepoint into production. But where???? Sql cluster not really where I want it since I will need an IIS server on the SQL box. Why not the WFE. So far so good except when applying SP 2 I am going to have to do a reboot. Once this is done lets up it works pretty quick and easy.

No comments: